Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Aching all Over

So, I made the cut. After the most stressful audition of my life - whether because I've been away for so long, or this company is just way more professional than any I've dealt with before - I was offered the role of a wife in Scarborough Music Theatre's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Yay!

I cannot express how happy I am that all my nerves and stress and (literal) sweat resulted in a part in this musical. Call backs were filled with so many talented people it was crazy. And now, after 12 years away from a stage, I am lucky enough to be involved once again in something I love - the production of something from the ground up. Telling a story through song, dance, & I'm sure many gallons of water and coffee to fuel me.  New faces, new voices, & new discoveries.
It was scary putting myself out there after so long, but I am now excited and motivated - my goal is to get into better shape before September rehearsals. If this audition process has taught me anything, it's that I am in horrible shape. I am in so much pain right now my forearms are aching as I type. And that's just not right.


2 comments:

Favin said...

I often think about getting back into musical theatre, but the dancing is the scariest...and most painful bit! Congrats though!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Favin.
Wind & punch!