Monday, August 20, 2012

The Confectionery - 13

These are the things that I think are great.  So great that I want to sing about them.





BREAKING BAD ART
I could waste hours on etsy.  Not being a very crafty person means that crafty people amaze me.  Sometimes I just click & click, letting the site lead me where it will.  The other day, I searched for Breaking Bad items, & I love what I found.

Walter White 10" cutout - Pine.  Buy it here.

Earrings.  Should be cufflinks, but oh well.  Buy them here.

Walter White painting.  Buy it here.

Heisenberg doll.  Buy it here.
All are welcome in my home.





FIVE GUYS BURGER REVIEW
This is a guy who is passionate about his food.  The original YouTube review is pretty amazing, but this songified version makes me laugh, dance AND sing along.  I've watched it at least 5 times.  Dayum, Dayum, DAYUM!






STEPHEN WILTSHIRE

When I first saw this, it was being shared with the added statement "Can't be real".  It's not that hard to do a little research before speaking, people.  Stephen Wiltshire is an autistic artist with a passion for architecture.  

Aerial of Toronto

Even more amazing is that he is considered a savant in 2 areas (visual art & music), which is something only recorded once before.  His story is fascinating - read more & buy his prints & books at his official site.






GUY THINKS HIS SISTER IS HOT
I didn't want to watch this, but after 3 people sent it to me directly, I broke down.  So trust me, & watch it - it's not what you think.  Or maybe it is...




Now watch it again.





COMEDIANS IN CARS GETTING COFFEE
I've just discovered this new series by Jerry Seinfeld, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee".  Even though I had seen his tweets about it, I never really got it.  Which makes me dumb, because it is as literal as a title can be.  It took a tweet from Elijah Wood, calling the series "inspired", & then I had to watch it.  (I don't know what it is, but Elijah Wood seems very trustworthy to me.  The hours I have spent watching the Lord of the Rings special features have taught me much about movie magic, but also that Elijah Wood is incredibly articulate, well-informed, & a cool guy.  I'll believe anything he tells me.) 
Make yourself a coffee & watch the 4 short episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee here.  The latest episode with Alec Baldwin is fantastic, but I am partial to the Larry David one, because Larry David.  Enjoy the promo for the show which features AN AUTHENTIC SPIT-TAKE.





Those were my favourite internet sweets of the past week.  Come back next week for more goodies!




1 comment:

Turkish Sweets said...

I've been wondering about the very same issue myself recently. Glad to see an individual on the same wavelength! Nice article.