Monday, August 27, 2012

The Confectionery - 14

These are the things that I think are great.  So great that I want to sing about them.






ROM-COM FACE-SWAP
Finally, a site that compiles all your favourite Romantic Comedy movie posters with the faces swapped.  I seriously love Sandra Bullock as a man in both of her posters featured on this site, but this poster has a tiny Ryan Reynolds, so...

And because I can't just choose one favourite, here's another one I can't stop staring at.  Is it just me, or do they look better like this?


See more of  your favourites, with a twist, here.






WAMPA ICE SCRAPER

I know it's still August, & nobody should be thinking about the harsh realities of winter, but these are too full of awesome to wait.  Canada isn't quite the frozen wasteland Hoth is, but these new Wampa ice scrapers from thinkgeek will help me pretend.

I might get 2 & lumber around roaring & swiping at people.  They would certainly come in handy for snow-shoveling wars with the neighbours.  Available in October for $24.99, you can sign up to be notified by email when they're in stock here.






THE ADDAMS FAMILY CAST DOES NEWSIES
Perhaps I'm moving too quickly from nerd territory into super-nerd territory, but this must be shared.  The touring cast of The Addams Family reworked the opening song from Newsies, "Carryin' The Banner".  Tired of moping around on stage, here they dream about singing & dancing as happily as those newsboys, imagining "a show with no more snaps".


THEATRE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME.  Compare with the original version from my #1 sick day movie pick, Newsies.  Because how could Christian Bale in a Disney musical about unions in 1899 New York not improve your day?






BABY GOT BACK - SUNG BY THE MOVIES
This made me laugh.  To see a full list of movies used, go here & hover over the CC button.





Those were my favourite internet sweets of the past week.  Come back next week for more goodies!


No comments: