Monday, October 15, 2012

The Confectionery - 20

 These are the things that I think are great.




BUTTERBEER LIP BALM

Smoothicus lipsicus! At Bubble & Geek's etsy shop, you can buy this natural lip balm of vanilla & butterscotch goodness.  Along with lip balms, other items available at the shop are candles & soaps, all with a geeky flair.  For instance, a vanilla & peppermint lip balm will remind you that Winter is Coming, & a candle with the sweet scent of Pipe-weed will have you imagining you're in the Shire.  You know I love Plants vs Zombies, so I particularly squealed over the Zombie Repellent candle, which smells like sunflowers (of course).  Perfect gifts for the geeky girl in your life (hint hint).  Buy them (for me) here.






TORONTO SKYLINE

It's hard to believe a city can change so much in 14 years, but I love this CBC before/after series - compare the skyline today with how it looked in 1998.  So that's what all those cranes have been doing.  Crazy.  Check out the photos (with fun scrolling option) here.






NIGHTMARES FEAR FACTORY PHOTOS
I love these.  Nightmares Fear Factory is a haunted house attraction in Niagara Falls, & their website features photos of their visitors being scared.  They are hilarious.  Buzzfeed has just posted a collection of "bros" being scared here, & I highly recommend it.







FELIX BAUMGARTNER
So, a guy fell from space yesterday.  That's pretty cool.  After free falling 128,097', Felix Baumgartner said, “Trust me, when you stand up there on top of the world, you become so humble. It’s not about breaking records anymore. It’s not about getting scientific data. It’s all about coming home.”  Read more here.






STAR WARS ZIP-UP HOODIES

I would wear them.  Read more here.


Those were my favourite sweets of the past week.  Come back next week for more goodies!

 

No comments: